The Alliance For Just Money (AFJM), based in the United States, is seeking a part-time social media associate to maintain and grow our organization’s social network and presence. AFJM is a charitable member-driven organization that works to democratize the money system in the United States and internationally. We believe money should be a public utility to facilitate commerce and serve the public good. To those who work for social/environmental/economic/racial justice and systemic change, overhauling the money system is the leverage point that enables all other transformative shifts to be possible. Are you curious to learn more? Do you have experience and expertise with strategic social media campaigns? Are you able to adapt content for different social media platforms? If so, we want to hear from you. You can be a part of this growing movement to achieve a just and sustainable society that works for everyone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement social media brand strategies, campaigns, and plans to build public awareness of the money system and AFJM
- Coordinate and synthesize contents from AFJM’s blog articles, newsletters, website, and forums to create engaging written and visual content for social media sites
- Collaborate with Managing Director(s) and Communications and Website Committee
- Create, maintain, and grow AFJM social networks via Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook
- Monitor social media progress using web analytic tools, incorporate optimization strategies, and research best ways to increase traffic
- Coordinate a team of AFJM volunteers to monitor public comments on each website tool open to the public and, when necessary to take action to address problems like attacks of hostile entities or violating the guiding principles.
- Plan paid social media advertising strategies and budgets
Requirements and Qualifications
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn the basics of monetary history, critique, and reform
- Two years of experience with social media management
- Ability to take initiative and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Preferred experience with social media management platforms (i.e., Hootsuite, Sprout Social, or HubSpot)
- Preferred knowledge of graphic design software (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, etc.)
Compensation: US $500/month (independent contractor), flexible hours
Duration: 10 months with possibility of renewal (March 2022 – December 2022)
The Application Process
If you are interested, please send your resumé/CV and application letter answering the questions below to [email protected]:
- What is your familiarity with monetary reform?
- Why would you like to work for AFJM?
- What skills, experience, and ideas do you bring to the job?
- What skills and abilities do you hope to develop through this job?
We look forward to your application. All applications received by January 31, 2022 will receive full and equal consideration. Finalists will be invited to a virtual interview with the Hiring Committee.