As a member of the Alliance For Just Money you become part of a movement to change the existing dysfunctional money system to something just and sustainable that can work for all the people. Membership provides a strength and stability to the movement that goes beyond what we can do as loosely associated individuals.
Serve on AFJM committees
Attend AFJM live on-line discussions
All Benefits of Level 1 plus
Nominate board members
Vote on bylaw and policy issues
Our Mission is to research, educate, and organize for real monetary reform. We define real monetary reform as the development, implementation, and protection of a transparent public sovereign money system consistent with Article 1, Section 8, Clause 5 of the United States Constitution to serve the general welfare and commerce of society. Existing research suggests that achieving sovereign money requires three reforms of our existing money and banking systems, and that these must be implemented together to achieve real monetary reform:
- Require Congress to exercise its Constitutional power to be the sole creator of all U.S. money, issued debt-free, and to establish a transparent and independent public monetary authority to determine the amount of new money the Treasury will disperse under authority of Congress.
- End the privilege of commercial banks to create and issue what we use as money.
- Transfer ownership of the 12 Federal Reserve Banks, and all remaining operations of the Federal Reserve System, to the U.S. Treasury.
Our Mission is to research, educate, and organize on these interdependent reforms needed to achieve sovereign money in the public interest.
We are a non-partisan organization of people of all political, vocational, philosophical, and personal viewpoints who share the common value of working together—and with individual and organizational allies—to achieve our Mission. Our Guiding Principles are:
- Accountability to each other and responsibility for achieving our Mission
- Transparency and honesty
- Affirmation of the dignity and worth of all life and the ecosystem upon which we all depend
- Dedication to continuous learning and educating the public about the money system
- Decision-making through informed dialogue, consensus-building, and democratic inclusion
- Economic and political independence
- Participation grounded in self-respect, mutual respect, and enjoyment of our work together
- Grassroots education and organizing to create systemic change for the common good
BYLAWS OF THE ALLIANCE FOR JUST MONEY, Inc.
- Adopted on July 15, 2018
- Full text here
AFJM COMMITTEES, CHAIRS, AND DESCRIPTIONS OF COMMITTEES
- As of December 2020
- Full descriptions here